PRELIMINARY REPORT ON
XII AVIATION AND SPACE SALON
On June 15‑18, 2021, the leading Ukrainian exhibition event in the field of aviation industry and space technologies was held at the International Exhibition Center – XII Aviation and Space Salon "AVIASVIT‑ХХІ". Traditionally, the event was held jointly with the XVII International Specialized Exhibition "Arms and Security". This time the presentation of the achievements of the Ukrainian aerospace and defense industry was dedicated to the 30th anniversary of Ukraine's independence.
The exhibitions were attended by the following honorable guests:
Deputy Prime Minister of Ukraine - Minister for Strategic Industries of Ukraine – Oleg Uruskyi
Deputy Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine – Roman Mashovets
Minister of Defence of Ukraine – Andrii Taran
Head of the Security Service of Ukraine – Ivan Bakanov
Minister of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine – Oleh Nemchinov
Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine – Anton Herashchenko
Deputy Minister of Defence of Ukraine – Oleksandr Myronyuk
Deputy Minister of Defence of Ukraine for European Integration – Anatolii Petrenko
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine – Vasyl Bodnar
First Deputy Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine – Mykola Kyzym
Commander‑in‑Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine – Lieutenant General Ruslan Khomchak
Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine – Lieutenant General Serhiy Korniychuk
Commander of the National Guard of Ukraine - Lieutenant-General Mykola Balan
Commander of the Ukrainian Land Forces – Colonel‑General Oleksandr Syrsky
Commander of the Special Operations Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine – Major General Hryhoriy Halahan
Head of the State Border Service of Ukraine – Serhiy Deyneko
Head at State Space Agency of Ukraine – Volodymyr Taftai
Head of the State Service for Special Communications and Information Protection of Ukraine – Lieutenant Colonel Yuriy Shchyhol
Head of the State Service of Export Control of Ukraine – Oleksandr Pavlichenko
First Vice‑President of NAS of Ukraine – Horbulin Volodymyr
Chairperson of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Committee on National Security, Defence and Intelligence – Oleksandr Zavitnevych
Former Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine – Oleksandr Turchynov
General Director of the International Exhibition Center Ltd. – Anatoliy Tkachenko.
The opening ceremony and the exhibition were attended by foreign delegations from 24 countries who arrived at the invitation of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine, Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine and SC Ukrspecexport.
Delegations were represented by the following countries: Spain, Poland, Moldova, Lithuania, Czech Republic, France, Croatia, Turkey, Qatar, Sudan, UAE, Egypt, Pakistan, USA, Ethiopia, Uganda, Kazakhstan, Bulgaria, Saudi Arabia, Georgia, Greece, Romania, Vietnam, Nigeria.
Key figures of the exhibition:
Exhibition area – about 30 000 sq.m:
27 000 sqm in halls
3 000 sqm outdoors
Number of exhibitors – 348
147 enterprises took part in the XII International Aviation and Space Salon "AVIASVIT‑XXI" directly.
Number of unique visitors – 21 681 people
Aerospace and Defense industries of Ukraine were represented by companies in the following formats:
1. Joint expositions of organizations:
SC Ukroboronprom – 36 companies;
National Association of Ukrainian Defense Industries – 18 companies;
League of Defense Companies of Ukraine – 23 companies.
2. Expositions of ministries and departments:
- Ministry of Strategic Industries of Ukraine;
- Ministry of Defence of Ukraine;
- Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine;
- National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine;
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine;
- Security Service of Ukraine.
3. Individual stands of public and private enterprises.
Manufacturers of military and special equipment demonstrated both inside halls and outdoors more than 40 full‑scale samples of military and aviation vehicles and equipment, including 8 full‑scale samples of aircrafts.
39 foreign companies from 14 countries (USA, Poland, Slovakia, Belarus, Austria, Czech Republic, Turkey, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Israel, France, Brazil, UAE, Pakistan).
Headliners and newcomers
- World-famous aircraft conglomerate Embraer (Brazil) became a strategic partner of the aviation and space salon "AVIASVIT‑XXI";
- Lokheed Martin (USA) - the first place in the world top 100 ranking of arms‑producing and military services companies in 2019 (according to data published by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI);
-Dassault Systèmes S.A. (France) - one of the leading companies in the field of CAD and PLM software. Together with partners, the Austrian company Softprom presented virtual environment 3DEXPERIENCE for the development, production, testing, certification and maintenance of aircraft and spacecraft;
- Ministry of Economic Development, Labour and Technology of the Republic of Poland presented the national exposition of aviation industry;
- Firefly Aerospace Inc (USA) owned by Ukrainian businessman Maksym Polyakov. The company has contracts with NASA for the delivery of cargo to the Moon under the CLPS program of the Artemis project;
- SSI (Turkey) – Defence and Aerospace Industry Exporters' Association;
- Fireway – winners of the NASA Space App Challenge hackathon in the "Best Technology Use" category.
1. Signing of the first contract between SC Ukrspetsexport, part of SC Ukroboronprom, and their Pakistani partners on modernization and repair of the Pakistan Air Force aircraft.
2. Meeting of the SC Ukroboronprom management with the French delegation. During the meeting the parties discussed possibility and prospects of concluding contracts with French companies Thales, Safran and Airbus within the framework of already signed memoranda of cooperation. In particular, the parties discussed projects in the fields of manufacturing of aircraft, armored vehicles and radar systems.
3. National Association of the Defense Industry of Ukraine and the Association of Private Defense Enterprises of Indonesia have concluded an agreement on military-industrial cooperation. The signing ceremony took place in the presence of the Honorable Ambassador of the Republic of Indonesia in Ukraine Prof. Dr. Judy Chrisnandi. The parties agreed to promote the development of cooperation through the selection of partners and integrators, implementation of partnership projects, strengthening the human and production capacity of defense industries, technology transfer, etc. The agreement is valid for 10 years with the possibility of extension.
4. National Defense Industry Association of Ukraine and the Tbilisi Aviation Plant (one of Georgia's leading companies) signed a Memorandum of Cooperation. The Memorandum reinforces the intentions of the parties to cooperate in the field of security.
5. The Final of the Fifth Vernadsky Challenge (engineering startup contest). Vernadsky Challenge is a competition for engineering projects. This year, 89 foreign and 43 Ukrainian startups took part in the competition.
6. Presentation of a combat drone with artificial intelligence and invisibility technology called ACE ONE. The presentation caused a real sensation among the visitors of the exhibition and the media, as there are no analogues of the drone with such characteristics in the world yet.
7. Ramzay presented their new product – Ukraine's first helicopter‑type strike drone - RZ‑500. The UAV can be in the air for up to three hours, the maximum range is 300 kilometers, and the tactical radius is at least 60 kilometers.
8. Press briefing at the stand of the Ministry of Economic Development, Labour and Technology of the Republic of Poland on cooperation in the aviation industry.
9. "Conference of the Aviation Industry of Ukraine ‑ 2021". The main point: "Status and prospects of the aviation industry of Ukraine".
Ukraviaprom Association of Aviation Industry
Association of the Aviation Industry Employers of Ukraine
Trade Union of Aircraft and Mechanical Engineering Workers of Ukraine.
167 media representatives were accredited during the exhibition.
Among Ukrainian TV channels: 1+1 media, Channel 5, BBC News Ukraine, ICTV, UA:FIRST, UBR, TRK Ukraine, Ukraine24, Espresso TV, Kyiv LIVE, First Business, TV Kyiv.
Among the Ukrainian internet portals: LIGA.net, Ukrinform, UNIAN, Novoe Vremya, Obozrevatel, Gazeta.ua, Liga Inform, Business Capital, Censor.net, Kyiv Post.
Among the foreign media: Agence France‑Presse (AFP), SITTA Ministere Des Armees (France), Anadolu Agency (Turkey), Defense 24 (Poland), AP (Associated Press), Breaking Defense (USA), European Pressphoto Agency (EPA), Reuters, Xinhua (China).
A detailed report on the results of the current aviation and space show
will be posted on the web‑page of the event within several days.