ON THE RESULTS OF THE
XVII INTERNATIONAL FORUM FUEL AND ENERGY
COMPLEX OF UKRAINE: THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE
International Exhibition Centre,
15 Brovarsky Ave., Kyiv, Ukraine
The International Forum "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine: the Present and the Future" began its history during the World Energy Council Executive Assembly in Kyiv in 2003. The event is held annually in accordance with the decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
The unique combination of the sector events brought together under the one roof the participants of the energy, electrical, mining, oil and gas industries, representatives of engineering and other industries, government officials, experts, specialists of scientific, design, service organizations.
This year's XVII International Forum "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine: the Present and the Future" was held at the International Exhibition Center on November 5 ‑ 7 in the format of the following events:
- Sectoral exposition of the national companies of Ukrainian fuel and energy complex with the participation of energy companies operating in the segments of energy resources extraction, generation, distribution and sale of energy, namely: Ukrhydroenergo JSC, Donbassenergo PJSC, Energoatom NNEGC SE with separated subdivisions, Naftogaz of Ukraine NJSC.
- XVII International Trade Fair "Power Engineering for Industry ‘2019" presented high‑tech products of wide application in industry: power and electrical equipment and technologies for power plants, high‑voltage power grides, substations, distribution electrical grids, power systems of industrial enterprises.
- II International Trade Fair "ELECTRO INSTALL ‘2019" is the demonstration of technologies and equipment of the most capacious and demanded segment of the electrical market: modern electrical devices, low‑voltage equipment, cable products, electronic components and systems, LED technology, automation, analog and digital technology, installation and wiring accessories, power supply systems for wide application in the domestic, commercial and industrial sectors.
- IV International Trade Fair "OILGASEXPO ‘2019" represented oil and gas equipment, drilling machinery and tools, technologies and equipment for oil refining and gas processing, transportation, control and measuring equipment.
- IV International Trade Fair "MINING & MINERALS EXPO ‘2019" acquainted visitors with the latest samples of mining, enrichment equipment, modern mining technologies.
- Business program covered a wide range of issues related to the development and efficient functioning of the fuel and energy sector.
Representatives of relevant state institutions, energy companies, manufacturers of products for the fuel and energy sector, leaders of mechanical engineering, representatives of international organizations, relevant government agencies, sector associations and communities, scientific institutions participated in the Forum's business program.
On November 5, the Deputy Minister of Energy and Environment of Ukraine Stanislav Kovalevsky, the Chairman of the Coal Industry Subcommittee of the Committee on Energy Housing and Utility Services of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Mykhailo Bondar, the Hero of Ukraine, the President of Assosiation "Ukrhydroenergo" Semen Potashnik, the President of the International Council on Large Electric Systems CIGRE in Ukraine Olexandr Svetelik, Her Majesty’s Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of the United Kingdom to Ukraine Melinda Simmonz, the General Director of the International Exhibition Centre Anatoliy Tkachenko and other honored guests.
Welcoming the participants and guests of the Forum and the trade fairs, Stanislav Kovalevsky emphasized the importance of taking into account the environmental component in the development of the coal industry. He also noted: "Ensuring energy security will be possible, including through efficient subsoil use and the implementation of the latest technologies".
Taking into consideration the fact that the exposition of six British companies was organized by the British Embassy for the first time, the Ambassador of the United Kingdom to Ukraine Melinda Simmonz during her speech emphasized that the United Kingdom supported Ukraine on its way to energy independence and noted: "Our companies can help you to realize the most ambitious plans, optimize costs and make the contribution to the Ukraine's energy independence".
This year the powerful demonstration platform of about 13,000 sq. m presented a wide range of products for all parts of the energy chain: extraction, generation, transmission, distribution and consumption of energy resources. A large‑scale exposition of modern technologies and equipment was presented by 405 companies from 24 countries (Austria, Belarus, France, Germany, Great Britain, Denmark, Italy, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine, USA). During three days of the trade fairs working there were registered about 10,300 visitors from 49 countries.
Today the Forum is the most authoritative and large‑scale event with no analogues in Ukraine. The synergy of exhibition events allows full presentation of the present state and vector of the development of the fuel and energy complex, comprehensive presentation of the powerful potential of effective technical solutions for development of related industries, ensuring open dialogue between the authorities and business, expanding the network of business contacts through the multidimensional communication space and maximum concentration of profile professionals.