"ENVIRONMENTAL BUSINESS ADVOCACY"
November 11, 2020 (Wednesday)
The conference was created to find a balance in a triangle "business-environment-society" with economic development and prosperity in the centre. For industrial companies it means:
- reducing corruption risks;
- reducing the additional burden on business activities and the negative impact on the business climate as a whole;
- minimisation of anthropogenic impact on the environment.
Problems of responsible industrial business today - key issues of the conference:
- Finding a balance between achieving business objectives, caring for the environment and developing social community.
- Conducting business activities on the legal basis of environmental aspects without the risk of revenue shortfall.
- Effective interaction and partnership with government authorities and public associations.
- Forming a positive image of an industrial enterprise in society.
- Obtaining environmental benefits and additional KPIs for business from inspections and environmental inspection regulations.
MAIN TOPICS OF THE CONFERENCE
The conference provides for three thematic block‑sessions, which are currently the most topical and concern the areas of ongoing reform:
- Waste management reform. Expert analysis of legislation and international obligations. Compliance of the reform with Ukrainian legislation on protection of economic competition.
- Settlement of waste management within the National waste management strategy in Ukraine until 2030.
- Possible threats to the foundations of a market economy and the principle of extended producer responsibility.
- Introduction of extended producer responsibility in Ukraine and best European practices (packing waste, electrical and electronic equipment waste, battery and accumulator waste, decommissioned vehicle waste, oils, tire and textile waste).
- Separate waste collection and encouragement of industrial enterprises to use recycled materials.
- Ensuring transparency and business right to choose contractors for waste collection and transportation tasks.
- Scrap metal - waste or valuable raw materials? De‑shadowing of the market of metallurgical raw materials.
- How to ensure clear distribution of power among public authorities?
- How and why to create a waste management information system?
- Formation of environmentally responsible behavior among the population and enterprises.
State environmental control
- Analysis of the situation in reforming the state environmental control system. Expert analysis of draft laws №3091, №3091‑1 and №3417.
- How to avoid duplication of functions of different bodies and ensure a clear division of functions and powers between regulatory bodies.
- How to avoid abuse among inspectors of the State Environmental Inspection (SEI)?
- What should be the process and term of inspections, including reinspections, taking into account the European experience.
- State Environmental Inspections on weekends, non‑working days, holidays or nights - how to find compromise with enterprises?
- How to improve the level of qualifications and responsibility of regulatory bodies representatives?
- How to provide companies with the right to appeal the decision of the supervisory authority?
- New penalties - do we need a dialogue between government and business?
- Increase penalties for non‑admission of the SEI to inspections and possible consequences.
- Raid inspections as a new form of unscheduled control measures.
- Termination of the company or equipment activity, extrajudicial seizure of enterprise property.
Environmental finance (eco‑tax)
- Environmental tax collection procedure: innovations and main aspects that need to be aware of the environmental tax payers.
- How to reform in effective and balanced manner the mechanism for collection and use of environmental tax.
- Analysis of instruments for financing environmental modernization of industry and energy.
- A tax approach that will promote the formation of socially responsible behavior in business.
- Providing benefits to industrial enterprises for the introduction of the latest technologies for the use of secondary raw materials.
- Elimination of eco‑tax as an alternative to extended producer responsibility.
- Implementation of incentive tax system for companies that invest in environmental activities.
- The opportunity in Ukraine to return 70% of the collected environmental tax to the enterprises for their modernization in order to reduce the impact on the environment.
- The risks of increase the rate of eco‑tax in 2020. Who will benefit from the introduction of a moratorium on raising environmental tax rates by the end of 2021?
|"Eco‑Advocacy"||with the support of the
Partnership "Green Business Ukraine"
Tel.: + 380 67 895 4929
Ukraine, Kyiv, International Exhibition Center,
Brovarskyi Avenue, 15, metro station "Livoberezhna"