PRELIMINARY REPORT ON THE RESULTS OF
XVI INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITION
"ARMS AND SECURITY‑2019"
On October 8‑12, 2019 XVI International Exhibition "Arms and Security‑2019" took place at the International Exhibition Center, together with the XVIII International Specialized Exhibition "Protection Technologies / FireTech‑2019" and International Specialized Exhibition "Expert Security‑2019".
The honored guests visited the exhibitions:
President of Ukraine - Volodymyr Zelensky
Secretary of the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine - Oleksiy Danilov
Minister of Internal Affairs - Arsen Avakov
Minister of Defence of Ukraine - Andriy Zahorodniuk
Director General of the SC "Ukroboronprom" - Aivaras Abromavičius
Chief of the General Staff - Commander of the Armed Forces of Ukraine - Lieutenant General Ruslan Khomchak
Commander of the National Guard of Ukraine - Lieutenant General - Mykola Balan
Head of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine - Serhiy Deyneko
Head of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine - Mykola Chechetkin
Head of the State Space Agency of Ukraine - Pavlo Degtyarenko
Deputy Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, Head of the Interagency Commission on Policy of Military‑Technical Cooperation and Export Control - Serhiy Krivonos
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine - Vasyl Bodnar
Commander of the Land Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine - Lieutenant General Oleksandr Sirsky
Commander of the Naval Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine - Admiral Igor Voronchenko
Commander of the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine - Colonel General Serhiy Drozdov
Commander of the Special Operations Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine - Lieutenant General Igor Lunev
General Director of International Exhibition Center Ltd. - Anatoliy Tkachenko
The following foreign delegations took part in the opening ceremony and were present during working days of the exhibition:
Kingdom of Bahrain: head of delegation - Chief Logistics Officer of the Armament Division of the Bahrain Defence Force - Lieutenant Colonel Nasser Abdullah Ghanem AL‑SOLATHI;
Federative Republic of Brazil: head of delegation - Deputy Secretary for Defence Products - Director of the Department of Trade Promotion of the Ministry of Defence of Brazil - General Luis Antônio Duizit BRITO;
Arab Republic of Egypt: head of delegation - Ministry of National Defence - Brigadier General Yahya HOSNI;
Republic of Kazakhstan: head of delegation - Deputy Director of the Defence and Industrial Complex Development Department, Ministry of Industry and Infrastructure Development - Serhiy CHERNENOK;
Republic of Lithuania: head of delegation - Director of the Defence Resources Agency of the Ministry of Defence Sigitas DZEKUNSKAS;
Lebanese Republic: head of delegation - Inspector General of the High Military Council - Milad ISKHAK;
Republic of Moldova: head of delegation - Minister of Defence - Pavel VOICU;
Federal Republic of Nigeria: head of delegation - Commander of the Air Force Land Command - Major General Idi AMIN;
United Arab Emirates: head of delegation - Deputy Secretary of State of the Ministry of Defence of the United Arab Emirates for Logistics Major General Abdullah A.Al HASHMI;
Islamic Republic of Pakistan: head of delegation - Chairman of the Armored Forces Development Board of the General Staff of the Armed Forces, Chairman of the Board of the Taxila Heavy Industry Enterprise - Lieutenant General Abdullah DOGAR;
Republic of Poland: head of delegation - Advisor to the Secretary of State, Ministry of National Defence - Colonel Grzegorz SKORUPSKI;
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: head of delegation - Head of the Special Forces Weapons Division - his Highness Prince Mosab Bin Fahad Al Faisal Al Farhan AL SAUD;
Slovak Republic: head of delegation - Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Slovak Republic - General Daniel ZMEKO;
USA: head of delegation - Head of the Defense Ministry's Institute for Defense Studies - Martin Neill.
Key Statistics of the Exhibitions:
Exhibition area - more than 34 000 sq.m.:
31 000 sq.m. in four halls
3 000 sq.m. outdoors
Number of companies‑exhibitors of 3 exhibitions ‑ 496
Number of companies‑exhibitors of "Arms&Security‑2019" ‑ 352
Number of unique visitors ‑ 27 707 people
The military‑industrial complex of Ukraine was represented by 287 companies in the following formats:
1. Joint expositions of the organizations.
- SC "Ukroboronprom" - 37 enterprises;
- PA "League of Defence Companies of Ukraine" - 23 enterprises.
2. Expositions of ministries and departments:
- Ministry of Defence of Ukraine;
- Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine;
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine;
- Security Service of Ukraine.
3. Individual stands of public and private enterprises.
Manufacturers of military and special equipment demonstrated both inside the halls and outdoors more than 50 full‑scale samples of military and special equipment, as well as equipment for the production of weapons.
48 companies from 17 countries of the world (USA, England, Poland, Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Belarus, Austria, Czech Republic, Turkey, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Croatia, Israel, China, Kazakhstan).
National halls were represented by the USA, Poland, Turkey and the Czech Republic.
The military‑industrial complex of the Republic of Poland was represented by the joint stand of the Polish Chamber of Defense Manufacturers (PCNDM), as well as individual stands of private companies.
For the first time at the exhibition, the US Pavilion was organized at national level, including the following companies: Harris Global Communications, Inc; Advanced Technology Systems Company; Collins Aerospace; Dillon Aero; KVG; Meritor Heavy Vehicle Systems LLC; Motorola Solutions, Inc.; Perkins Technical Services, Inc.; Rajant Corporation; Aerovironment Inc.; Eclipse Defence etc.
Turkish military and industrial complex was represented at the exhibition by the following companies: Aselsan A.Ş.; Roketsan A.S.; Baykar Makina A.S.; Ariteks Boyacilik Tiacret ve Sanayi A.S.; 2G Aviation Elektronics Inc.; Defense and Aerospace Industry Exporter's Association (SSI); OSSA Turkey; RST Techonology; STM LTD; ZSR Patlayici sanayi A.S.; Transvaro elektron aletleri san. Ve tic A.S.; Menatek Savunma A.S.; Makel Mekanik A.S. (Suprobox); Asyay Machine Industry and Trade Incorporated Company (Asyay Makina San. Tic. A.S.).
The visitors of the exhibition payed great interest to the Czech company Excalibur Army spol.s.r.o., where natural samples of armored vehicles were demonstrated.
Highlights of the Exhibition
1. Signing of a Memorandum of Cooperation between the SE "Antonov" and Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
2. Signing of a Letter of Intent for Cooperation between the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine and the Turkish company STM Savunma Teknolojileri Mühendislik ve Ticaret A.Ş.
3. State Enterprise Specialized Foreign Trade Company "PROGRESS", State Enterprise Lviv State Aircraft Repair Plant and Polish enterprise WCBKT (Wojskowe Centralne Biuro Konstrukcyjno‑Technologiczne) have signed a Memorandum of Cooperation in the civil and military spheres.
4. Establishing a partnership between PA "League of Defence Enterprises", Association of Manufacturers of Armaments and Military Equipment and Association "Ukrainian Defence and Security Industry".
5. Signing of a new contract between SC "Ukroboronoprom" and Turkish company Aselsan for the supply of radios for the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine.
Overall, the events program of exhibitions included 36 events, both scientific and practical, as well as educational and entertaining:
Scientific and practical events:
- Session of the Working Group on NATO Programme Processes of the lifecycle management group of weapons and military equipment life cycle management of the conference of national armaments directors of NATO in the management system of the life cycle of the weapons and military equipment ‑ the system of interest and defense enabling systems.
Organizer: Central Research Institute of Armament and Military Equipment of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
- VII International Scientific Conference Challenges of coordination of military technical and defense industry policies in Ukraine. Prospects of development of armament and military equipment.
Organizers: Central Scientific Research Institute of Armaments and Military Equipment of Armed Forces of Ukraine State.
- Seminars of the State Research Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
Various seminars and presentations of exhibitors.
- Demonstrations and shows organized by professional guards;
- UADR Time Attack drone racing competition;
- Archery and airsoft shooting;
- Demonstrations of medieval culture, namely: knight duels, master classes in archery, presentations of medieval combat art.
A detailed report will be posted on the web‑page of the event soon.