ON THE RESULTS OF
XV INTERNATIONAL TRADE FAIR
POWER ENGINEERING FOR INDUSTRY '2017
International Exhibition Centre,
15 Brovarsky Ave., Kyiv, Ukraine
XV International Trade Fair "Power Engineering for Industry '2017" that took place within the frames of the International Forum "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine: the Present and the Future" in the International Exhibition Center on November 7-9, successfully completed its work. Event's organizers: Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine and International Exhibition Center.
This year's trade fair once again confirmed its status of the main sector event in Ukraine, bringing together the key domestic and foreign players of the power and electrical market at the single place. Among them are managers and specialists of relevant government agencies, energy companies, industrial enterprises, experts, investors, financiers, representatives of scientific, service, public organizations.
Together with the trade fair "Power Engineering for Industry '2017" there were held the International trade fairs "OILGASEXPO '2017" and "MINING INDUSTRY EXPO '2017". The unique combination of those events was gathered the participants of power, mining, oil and gas, machine‑building markets and related industries under the one roof. The powerful demonstration platform with the area of about 7,500 sq.m represented the wide range of products for all sections of the infrastructure chain: extraction, generation, transmission, distribution and consumption of energy resources. Over 229 enterprises, including 29 foreign companies, from 11 countries (Austria, Belarus, Canada, China, Czech Republic, France, Georgia, Germany, Poland, Turkey, Ukraine) presented their technologies, equipment and devices.
On November 7 in the opening ceremony of the XV International Forum "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine: the Present and the Future" and the International trade fairs "Power Engineering for Industry '2017", "OILGASEXPO '2017" and "MINING INDUSTRY EXPO '2017" the following guests took part:
- First Deputy Minister of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine Galyna Carp;
- First Deputy Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Fuel and Energy Complex, Nuclear Policy and Nuclear Safety Oleksandr Dombrovskyi;
- Deputy Minister of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine on European Integration Natalia Boyko;
- Chairman of the Public Council under the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry, Hero of Ukraine Semen Potashnik;
- Director of the USAID Mission in Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova Ms. Susan Fritc;
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Ukraine Mr. Mohammad Beheshti Monfared;
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Czech Republic in Ukraine Mr. Radek Matula;
- CEO of IEC Anatoliy Tkachenko;
- other honorary guests.
The sectoral exposition "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine" was represented by the energy companies operating in the segments of energy extraction, generation, distribution and sale, namely Ukrenergo NEC SE, Ukrhydroenergo PJSC, Donbasenergo PC, Energoatom NNEGC SE with its separate units: Zaporizhzhya, Rivne, South Ukrainian and Khmelnitsky NPP, Atomremontservice, Atomenergomash; Eastern Mining and Processing Plant SE, Nuclear Fuel State Concern.
Considering that the Ukrainian energy sector received powerful incentives for development, the trade fair "Power Engineering for Industry '2017" reflected the vector of those changes through the positive dynamics of increasing of participants and visitors quantity and quality. The scale of the exposition caused by the growth of offers of high‑tech industries, introduction to the market of modern industrial equipment and the latest technical solutions for needs of generating stations, substations, high‑voltage transmission lines, distribution electrical grids, power supply systems of industrial enterprises and other sectors of economic activity.
Among the participants are companies representing world and domestic brands:
– Harbin Electric International Co., Ltd. (China), Hansen Electric spol. s.r.o. (Czech Republic), Sergi Transformer Protector (France), Eaton Electric - the subsidiary of the EATON International Group, LAPP Ukraine - the representative of the Lapp Group (Germany), Siemens Ukraine - the subsidiary of Siemens AG Berlin und München (Germany), Schneider Electric Ukraine - the representative office of Schneider Electric (France), Zhejiang Chint Electrics - Chint Group (China) official representative in Ukraine, Krohne Ukraine - the representative office of Kanex Krohne‑Anlagen‑Export GmbH (Germany);
– ALIT Ltd., DKC of Ukraine PJSC, Elektrosystems Ukraine LLC, Plant of Large Electrical Machines, Zaporizhtransformator PJSC, Zorya‑Mashproekt GTRDC, Kotloturboprom Ltd., Nasosenergomash Sumy JSC, Odeskabel PJSC, Yuzhcable Works, RADIY SPE PC, Sumy NPO, Ukrelectroaparat PC, SCaT ТМ (Ukraine).
The business program covered the wide range of the urgent issues of power industry development. In particular, with the participation of the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry the following events took place:
- Seminar: "Transparency for Trust. How to Make Power Engineering Available";
- Nuclear Power Day;
- International Hydropower Engineers Conference;
- Roundtable: "Smart Grid Concept and the Necessity of Introducing Smart Grid Elements - Technologies in Conditions of Reforming the Market of Electric Energy";
- Panel Discussion: "Integration of the UES of Ukraine into the ENTSO-E: Key Challenges and Assignments";
- Sectoral section on occupational safety at the power enterprises;
- IV All-Ukrainian Power Engineers Workshop devoted to discussion of energy market transformation processes, efficient functioning of power facilities, cybersecurity of power infrastructure.
More than 5000 visitors from Ukraine and other countries have been registered for exhibition working days.
On November 7 - 9 in the other pavilions of IEC there were trade fairs devoted to issues of alternative energy sources and fuels, energy saving technologies implementation in construction and housing and communal services, modernization of engineering grids, environmental measures in industry. Simultaneous holding of the complex of exhibition events of related industries substantially expanded the horizons of industrial survey of products and led to the significant increase in the number of visitors, there were more than 13,000 professionals. Among them are mainly executives and highly skilled specialists of the enterprises, that aimed not only at getting acquainted with expositions, but also at finding specific technologies and equipment for their production, conducting preliminary negotiations for the purchase of products.