REPORT ON THE RESULTS OF
II INTERNATIONAL TRADE FAIR MINING INDUSTRY EXPO - 2017
International Exhibition Center
15 Brovarskyi Ave., Kyiv, Ukraine
On November 7-9 the II International Trade Fair "Mining Industry Expo - 2017" took place in Kyiv. The Fair is the key Ukrainian event in the field of mining and mineral processing, it is held annually within the framework of the International Forum "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine: the Present and the Future".
"Mining Industry Expo - 2017" was co‑located with "Power Engineering for Industry - 2017" and "OilGasExpo - 2017" on a single exhibition ground of about 7,500 square meters. The total number of exhibitors was 229 with foreign participation of 29 companies from 11 countries (Austria, Belarus, Georgia, Canada, China, Germany, Poland, Turkey, Ukraine, France, Czech Republic).
Compared to 2016, MINING INDUSTRY EXPO - 2017 features a positive dynamics of the number of its participants and visitors with the increase of the exhibition area. Notable is the growth of the offers by high‑tech industries, introduction of modern mining equipment and the latest technical solutions for mining operations.
On November 7 the opening ceremony of the XV International Forum "Fuel and Energy Complex of Ukraine: the Present and the Future" and the International Trade Fairs "Mining Industry Expo", "Power Engineering for Industry", "OilGasExpo" was attended by:
- Galina Karp, First Deputy Minister of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine
- Oleksandr Dombrovsky, First Deputy Head of the VRU Committee on Fuel and Energy Complex, Nuclear Policy and Nuclear Safety
- Nataliya Boyko, Deputy Minister of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine on European Integration
- Semen Potashnik, Chairman of the Public Council under the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry, Hero of Ukraine
- Susan Fritz, USAID Mission Director to Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova
- Mohammad Beheshti Monfared, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Islamic Republic of Iran to Ukraine
- Radek Matula, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Czech Republic to Ukraine
- Anatoliy Tkachenko, Director General of the International Exhibition Center
- other honorable guests.
The MINING INDUSTRY EXPO - 2017 exhibitors presented modern mining and mineral processing equipment, drilling tools, hydraulic equipment, conveyor systems, electrical, pump and compressor equipment, control & measurement devices, tools and systems for mines' automation and communication.
The list of foreign exhibitors included:
- official participation of the Czech Republic with 9 Czech producers of mining equipment: ALTA a.s., DUVAS‑UNI s.r.o., ENELEX spol. s.r.o., HANSEN ELECTRIC spol. s.r.o., OSC, a.s., TDS ZAMPRA spol. s.r.o., TRANSROLL‑CZ a.s., ZAM‑SERVIS s.r.o., ŽDB DRÁTOVNA a.s., and T Machinery a.s., FITE a.s.,
- Polish manufacturers and suppliers of mining technologies: EHS Sp. z o.o., Sorbex PPHU Bogusław Soremski, TECH POL Sp. z o.o., Tranz‑Tel Sp. z o.o., WF PZL Zakład Doświadczalny Sp. z o.o.,
- Turkish companies ENV‑EX, Kale Conveyor, Şen Plastik,
and Teufelberger Seil Ges.m.b.H. (Austria), Shijiazhuang Viture Import & Export Trading Co., LTD (China), Xiangtan Huaxing Material Co., Ltd. (China), LMZ Universal, OJSC (Niva‑Holding) (Republic of Belarus).
The list of Ukrainian participants included well‑known manufacturers and suppliers of mining equipment: Valsa GTV, Weir Minerals Ukraine, Vistek, NPK Gravikon, Dayta Express, DAZ, Dniprofmash, Elmiz, Enersys, Impulse, Invent Group, Kovelsilmash, MXM Ukraine, Miner's Light, Tehpostavka, Zeppelin Ukraine and other companies.
The Forum Business Program included events for the coal industry:
- Scientific conference "Main directions of reforming of the coal industry of Ukraine" (Department of Coal and Industrial Complex of the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry). The conference considered a number of urgent issues vital for the Ukrainian coal mining, namely: the main provisions of the state Concept for the reformation and development of the coal industry of Ukraine, the strategy of development of DTEK Energo mines, improvement of the anchorage technology used in coal mines, the prospects for the introduction of energy saving heat pump technology at the Ukrainian coal mines, management of the lignite industry state property, modern ecologically clean coal energy technologies.
- Sectoral OSH section (Department of Occupational Safety, Industrial Safety and Civil Protection of the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry).
- Workshop "The user experience of Caterpillar plow system in the Western Donbass conditions on the example of Stepova mine, DTEK Pershotravenske Mine Group" (LLC Zeppelin Ukraine). The workshop participants learned about the work of the only in Ukraine Cat® plow set made in Germany specially for the Stepova mine. After the commissioning in 2009 and till now the plow has been setting new records in longwall mining of low coal seams.
The total number of registered visitors exceeded 5,000 trade attendees from Ukraine and other countries.
On the same dates November 7-9 in other IEC exhibition halls the trade fairs on the topics of alternative energy sources and fuels, energy saving technologies in construction and utilities, modernization of engineering networks, industrial ecology were held. Simultaneous holding of the complex of trade fairs of related industries substantially expanded the represented scope of industrial products and led to a significant increase in the number of visitors to more than 13,000 visitors.